Dear Clients & Friends,
I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.
We continue to offer our tax planning and compliance services.
To maintain safe distances, we are limiting our time in the office. Please call us before you come to our office to make sure that we are available.
We have implemented the following procedures with the hope that we will be able to continue to work. Fortunately, our work does not require physical contact. Our objective is to protect both you and us by distancing.
- We are attempting to limit physical contact. To that end, we ask you to avoid visiting our office if possible. This is for your protection as well as ours.
- Please send us your tax information by fax (410-494-9556), mail, FedEx or UPS. You may also conveniently send us your information electronically as described below, if you have that capability.
- If you prefer to drop your information at our office, we now have a box outside the door only when we are in. Please read the instructions on the door when you arrive.
- If we have any questions, we will contact you.
- After contacting you, we will send your completed returns to you electronically or by UPS. The UPS packages are tracked and can be left in a safe place if you are not home.
- After reviewing your returns, please return your signed electronic filing authorization forms to us electronically or by mail. We provide a stamped return envelope.
- We are working at home as much as possible. Please call 410-494-9300 before visiting our office.
- We are disinfecting touch areas in the office on a regular basis.
Consider Electronic Data transfer -If you have the capability, we highly encourage you to send your information to us electronically. We have a secure portal system that is ideal for electronic transfer. Please visit our website – JayNaish.com and set up your FileShare portal. Just click on the FileShare logo at the bottom of our homepage to get started. FileShare is an easy to use, secure way to electronically send us your sensitive tax information. If you like, you may use FileShare to upload your tax documents to us. We can also use FileShare to securely send you electronic copies of your tax returns.
Please also consider making your tax payments electronically. This avoids problems we have seen with checks getting lost in the mail. You may make electronic payments for tax returns with a balance due as well as estimated tax payments.
To set up accounts with the IRS and Maryland, you will need the following:
- Your name, address, Social Security Number and Date of Birth
- The amount of your payment
- Your banking information: routing number, account number and type of account (checking or savings)
For payments to the IRS, go to www.irs.gov/payments and follow the user friendly instructions. Click on the blue BANK ACCOUNT (Direct Pay) box. Follow the prompts from there.
For payments to Maryland, go to www.marylandtaxes.gov. Click on PAY (at the top) and then Individual Payment. For tax return payments, click on Make a bill payment. To make estimated tax payments, click on Make a personal estimated payment. Note that for Maryland, the person listed as Taxpayer on your returns must register. Spouse information (name and Social Security number) is also required. Yiou only need to register for Quick Start to make tax payments.
Be sure to print your confirmation pages or note your confirmation numbers.
Please contact us if you have any questions about your tax filings or our procedures.
Stay home and stay healthy. Masks on Maryland. Thank you from a distance.
Very truly yours,